19 Reactions to Radio Wave/Hydrogen Economy

Focus for Discussion = “Big Coal: The Dirty Secret Behind America’s Energy Future” by Jeff Goodell © 2006 (available from your local library or in paperback from Amazon.com for $10.17 new/$8.88 used + shipping).
solutions
Site Admin

19 Reactions to Radio Wave/Hydrogen Economy

Post by solutions »

These reactions were posted at http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/09/10 ... -its-true/

1. I'm sure the first and second laws of thermodynamics will prove that it takes more energy to do that than you get out.

It would be so much easier to combat this whole global warming thing if scientists would just invent some magic already
Posted at 5:08PM on Sep 10th 2007 by Keith Wakeham

2. The video of the Kanzius discovery showed a vivid yellow "flame", indicating light from energized sodium ions. Hydrogen burns clear, with little or no light produced.

Bombarded by intense radio waves, the salt water comes to a boil producing a spray of salt water, which then provides a conductive path for RF arcing, similar to arcing from a tesla coil.

Yes, it still obeys the laws of thermodynamics. The energy input via RF waves is greater than the energy out in the form of usable heat and light.
Posted at 5:42PM on Sep 10th 2007 by Chris M

3. Heresy! Heresy! The world is flat and is the center of all things! Sickness comes from the devil! Man cannot fly! He cannot go faster than sound! The moon is made out of cheese! Man can never go there! The laws of thermodynamics first contemplated from horse and buggy in the 1800s are complete and correct. Heresy I say!!!! We know everything! Close the patent office. It is a waste of taxpayer money as all things have already been invented.

If a new form of energy is discovered that competes with the status quo powerbase, don’t worry as the DOD or established scientific community fossils will quickly kill it. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Posted at 5:52PM on Sep 10th 2007 by Tim

4. Those pesky laws!
Posted at 5:54PM on Sep 10th 2007 by Jeremy Korzeniewski

5. if your interested here is a link to the youtube.com video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6vSxR6UKFM
Posted at 5:57PM on Sep 10th 2007 by MarkR

6. Water is burnt hydrogen. The reason there's so much of it is because there's no energy left to extract. If you want to split it, you need to invest soem other form of energy, yielding hydrogen as the useful energy *carrier*.

Why is that so hard for ABG to understand? Please stop wasting your reader's time with these perpetual motion machine BS stories.
Posted at 6:56PM on Sep 10th 2007 by rgseidl

7. Yes, reality does have a way of striking back at those who would rather live in a dreamworld.

Fact is, to trigger the "Kanzius effect" requires a very intense beam of radio frequency waves, and it requires a lot of electrical power to generate that beam. Lower intensity won't do it. The output is a little flickering yellow light and just enough heat to run a pretty toy stirling engine. Power input greatly exceeds power output, and all the rants about "Heresy" and "flat earth" won't change that.
Posted at 6:58PM on Sep 10th 2007 by Chris M

8. Wow, he invented a microwave!! Imagine the possibilities! I bet you could even cook food with that thing.

This really does go to show the degree of wishful thinking there is out there. I'm about 90% sure that Chris M is right. My only question is why the water in the tube goes nuts while the water in his hand doesn't. Perhaps a greater wavelength is required to excite the H20 based on the salinity? I certainly don't know, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to find out from this particular Chemistry professor at Penn State...that doesn't look much like a hydrogen flame to me.
Posted at 6:59PM on Sep 10th 2007 by Paul

9. Yep, your patient bursting into flames is pretty "novel"

>"part of a novel cancer treatment"
Posted at 9:22PM on Sep 10th 2007 by Bill

10. Paul, that puzzled me, too, until I realized that the test tube filled with conductive salt water may be just the right size and shape to act as a simple dipole antenna, greatly improving the absorbtion of the radio waves.

Needless to say, if the process had somehow produced H2 and O2 gas, Mr. Kanzius would have been in a world of hurt when he stuck his hand in the beam!
Posted at 10:03PM on Sep 10th 2007 by Chris M

11. I doubt this will be the end of all fossil related tech.

But just like a Hybrid system uses a motor and electric to better mileage. Couldn't this be used as something in conjuction with other technologies to improve mileage?

like a plug-in hybrid with hydrogen generator?
Posted at 3:33AM on Sep 11th 2007 by warren hall

12. Takes more power to run the microwave than the heat of the flame will produce - this idea is no better than ethanol.
Posted at 9:44AM on Sep 11th 2007 by studemax

13. Your stories has been chosen to be included in tomorrow's podcast at http://blogbuzz.podomatic.com
Posted at 9:07AM on Sep 12th 2007 by Griffin Michaels

14. Every breakthroughs in hydrogen technology worth a lot if we want to explore this kind of energy. Maybe this new discovery can lead to a heating device that take few energy input. It maybe can lead to a new engine too. We don't know all the numbers yet.
Posted at 10:31AM on Sep 12th 2007 by A.Brien

15. "If a new form of energy is discovered that competes with the status quo powerbase, don’t worry as the DOD or established scientific community fossils will quickly kill it."

The scientific community and DOD are clearly in collusion with those wily laws of thermodynamics. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!
Posted at 11:54AM on Sep 12th 2007 by Snark

16. Rustum Roy's a known crackpot, but usually he's limited his bloviations to homeopathy and "Christian health" - whatever that is.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=88831
Posted at 4:33PM on Sep 12th 2007 by EJ

17. Salt water conducts, radio waves induce a current in a conductive medium. That current disassociates hydrogen and oxygen in the water, probably some of the sodium and chlorine as well. A stoichiometric mixture of hydrogen and oxygen does burn hot but you get no more energy then you put into electrolyzing the water, less in fact because the process is not 100% efficient. I don't understand why this non-discovery was published.
Posted at 8:40PM on Sep 12th 2007 by Robert Dinse

18. This is old news as I already figured this out and use the fuel in my car as well as I am an astronaut farmer and it propels my ship in to space already..lol
Posted at 4:40PM on Sep 14th 2007 by nano freak

19. curtisdaviddean@yahoo.com
Posted at 5:06PM on Sep 14th 2007 by nano freak

Return to “Suggested Background Materials Re Global Warming for Oct 11th”