NY Times Again Shuns Educating The Permanent 30% Under-Caste

solutions
Site Admin

NY Times Again Shuns Educating The Permanent 30% Under-Caste

Post by solutions »

---------------------------- Original Message -----------------------------
Subject: Addressing The Cause of Racism (vs. a mere symptom)
Date: Thu, June 3, 2021 11:13 am PST
To: ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com
Attachment:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear John,

I have just finished reading your Suggested Discussion Outline posted at viewtopic.php?f=643&t=2066&sid=d8e09eda ... dc2e97bc0d.

It concludes with a Section D entitled “Quo Vadis, America???” that asks –

“Are we still agreed that the root cause of racism in America is its refusal to provide a decent education for its Permanent 30% Under-Caste -- and that politicians harping on alleged ’police brutality’ is a despicable way for politicians to whip into line the African-American vote by focusing on a mere symptom whose proposed solutions do not cost anything contrasted with the HEAVY LIFTING of providing a decent education for the Permanent 30% Under-Caste???”

Aren’t you being hard on politicians by heaping the sole blame on them?

After all, it strikes me that we have exchanged e-mails in the past about how the Mainstream Media, in general, and the NY Times, in particular, bear a good deal of the blame AND THE SHAME!

Your friend,

Solutions

Subject: NY Times Again Shuns Educating The Permanent 30% Under-Caste
Date: Thu, June 3, 2021 4:02 pm MST
To: Solutions
Attachments:
Saboteurs deleted the foregoing document on 2/18/2022 - Here is a restoration - -----
HLS-67-h512-LetterToTheNYTimesEditor-McWhorter.docx
(25.73 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
Saboteurs deleted the foregoing document on 2/18/2022 - Here is a restoration - -----
Saboteurs deleted the foregoing document on 2/18/2022 - Here is a restoration - ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Solutions,

You have an excellent memory!!!

Section D of the Suggested Discussion Outline which you quoted, was preceded by Section C entitled “Addressing The Cause Of Racism (vs. a mere symptom)” which addressed at length our 6/3/2020 Six-Degrees-Of-Separation E-Mail Campaigns bearing the same title and directed at the two Presidential Candidates.

[The text of those two e-mail campaigns is identical and is available at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1925&sid=e53e5e2d0 ... a8164a0f45.]

And if you scroll down to the so-called “reply” to that posting (the “reply” is entitled “Our E-mails Requested By The NY Times Editorial Page Editor”), you will find our exchange of e-mails that you remembered –

Available for download there is my 6/8/2020 letter to the NY Times Editorial Page Editor, Kathleen Kingsbury –

(1) Which, after listing my bona fides, explained that her predecessor James Bennet (who BTW is the brother of former Presidential Candidate U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet D-CO) had personally e-mailed me on 5/11/2020 to request my opinion on the topic of “The Keys To Unlocking Human Potential” – which 5/11/2020 e-mail was the third attachment to my letter to Ms. Kingsbury;

(2) Whose second attachment was my immediate response to Mr. Bennet of 5/11/2020 entitled “The America We Need and America’s Permanent 30% Under-Caste” which discussed at length the need/desirability of educating the Permanent 30% Under-Caste and concluded with the plea – “We would be delighted if you could ‘shine a light’ on America’s ‘Apartheid’ (Jonathan Kozol’s term) educational system and its Permanent 30% Under-Caste” accompanied by an offer to provide additional information in addition to the voluminous material already provided;

(3) Whose first attachment was my follow-up response to Mr. Bennet of 5/13/2020 which outlined the kind of federal magnet schools subsequently urged in our 6/3/2020 e-mail campaigns to the two Presidential Candidates.

My 6/8/2020 letter to Ms. Kingsbury concluded with the plea that –

(1) She participate in our e-mail campaign to the two Presidential Candidates;

(2) She forward to all of her colleagues the already-prepared e-mails to the two Presidential Candidates with the plea that her colleagues participate in the campaign in an unending chain; and

(3) She would strongly urge any NY Times personnel serving as Presidential Debate Moderators to raise the issue during the debates.

I TRUST YOU AGREE THAT THE NY TIMES AND MS. KINGSBURY CONTINUED TO FOCUS ON “A MERE SYMPTOM OF RACISM” (viz., alleged police brutality) RATHER THAN FOCUS ON “THE REAL CAUSE OF RACISM” (viz., the refusal of America for more than a half century since Brown v. Board of Education to provide a decent education for its Permanent 30% Under-Caste).

NOT THE FIRST TIME THE NY TIMES HAS SHUNNED EDUCATING AMERICA’S PERMANENT 30% UNDER-CASTE

NY Times Editorial Page Editor Kathleen Kingsbury’s shunning the education of America’s Permanent 30% Under-Caste described above is NOT the first time that the NY Times has done so.

Sections 4 and 5 of www.ReadingLiberally-SaltLake.org are entitled “Inner-City Holocaust and America’s Apartheid ‘Justice’ System (In Honor of Jonathan Kozol and In Memory of John Howard Griffin)” and contain zillions of court briefs and other documents for which “The Question Presented For Review” in the final appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court was –

“Can state court judges order their decisions which they know are diametrically-opposed to well-settled law, not to be published or cited (a strategy labeled ‘the segregated toilet’ in correspondence with 51 inner-city clergy who represent the 10 million inner-city children who have been disclosed from the outset as the ‘real parties at interest’ in this law suit) in order to flush away the rights of the 10 million inner-city children without disturbing the rights of first-class American citizens -- without violating the ‘Equal Protection of the Law’ requirement of the Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution?”

The lawsuits, if successful, would have permitted $84 billion OF PRIVATE FUNDS to provide tutoring/mentoring for 10 million inner-city children from third grade thru high school graduation with a guarantee of college tuition.

Sec. 4 of www.ReadingLiberally-SaltLake.org contains three letters (available for download at viewtopic.php?f=211&t=770&sid=85e3fafe9 ... a6d03dabbb) to President Obama, Speaker Pelosi (my Representative), my U.S. Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer, and 17 other governmental officials pleading with them to file Amicus Curiae briefs with the U.S. Supreme Court.

Sec. 4 also contains three letters (available for download at viewtopic.php?f=211&t=767&sid=85e3fafe9 ... a6d03dabbb)
TO EACH OF 43 NEWS-MEDIA SUPERSTARS PLEADING WITH EACH OF THEM TO “SHINE A LIGHT” ON WHAT WAS HAPPENING.

The first and third of those letters appended a list of recipients.

THEY SHOW THAT SEVEN (COUNT THEM SEVEN) NY TIMES OPED WRITERS RECEIVED EACH OF THE THREE LETTERS!!!

AND EACH OF THE SEVEN NY TIMES OPED WRITERS HAD TO KNOW THAT IF ANY ONE OF THEM HAD LIFTED A SINGLE FINGER TO HELP, THE 10 MILLION INNER-CITY CHILDREN MIGHT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ESCAPE “A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH.”

THE RECORD SHOWS THAT ALL SEVEN NY TIMES OPED WRITERS SHUNNED LIFTING A SINGLE FINGER TO PERMIT THE 10 MILLION INNER-CITY CHILDREN TO RECEIVE A DECENT EDUCATION AND ESCAPE “A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH.”

AND NOT THE LAST TIME THE NY TIMES HAS DONE ITS BEST TO PREVENT EDUCATING AMERICA’S PERMANENT 30% UNDER-CASTE

Yes, I would consider the behavior of the seven NY Times OpEd writers during the 2010-2011 litigation AS CRIMINAL.

And yes, I would also consider the 2020 behavior of NY Times Editorial Page Editor Kathleen Kingsbury in apparently shunning our request for support in providing a decent education for America’s Permanent 30% Under-Caste AS CRIMINAL.

HOWEVER, there is at least one additional incident demonstrating the hostility of the NY Times and Kathleen Kingsbury to providing a decent education for America’s Permanent 30% Under-Caste.

On 4/30/2021, the NY Times published an OpEd by John McWhorter. A copy is the first attachment to this e-mail.

On 5/11/2021, McWhorter’s OpEd was the advertised topic of discussion for the weekly Zoom conference of my Harvard Law School Class of 1967.

My prepared remarks for our HLS-1967 Zoom conference were put into a Letter to the Editor of the NY Times and e-mailed at 11:47 MDT the following day.

The second attachment to this e-mail is a copy of that Letter to the Editor.

My second criticism of McWhorter in the Letter to the Editor said –

**********Second Criticism**********
Prof. McWhorter has in the past had the audacity to trash Jonathan Kozol!!!

Jonathan Kozol graduated 1958 from Harvard summa cum laude in English Literature and won a Rhodes Scholarship. Upon returning to the U.S. he taught in inner-city schools and then began a 50-year career as an author of award-winning best-selling books on inner-city education including --

Death at an Early Age (1967)
The Night is Dark and I am Far From Home (1975)
Illiterate America (1986)
Rachel and Her Children: Homeless Families in America (1988)
Savage Inequalities: Children in America’s Schools (1991)
Amazing Grace: The Lives of Children and the Conscience of a Nation (1995)
Ordinary Resurrections: Children in the Years of Hope (2000)
The Shame of the Nation: The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in America (2005)
Letters to a Young Teacher (2007)
Fire in the Ashes: Twenty-Five Years Among the Poorest Children in America (2012)

BTW, “The Shame of the Nation: The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in America (2005)” deals with the state of American K-12 education leading up to the U.S. Supreme Court’s 2007 decision in Parents vs. Seattle School District No. 1 (551 U.S. 701) which comprised the last “nail in the coffin” for school bussing and, in Jonathan Kozol’s words, “The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in America.”

And Prof. McWhorter’s superficial views of the effect of historical racial slurs fails to address the heart of the problem afflicting our inner cities – viz., inner-city children “know” by age 5 that they are NOT eligible for their dreams and that their only realistic career objectives are pusher or pimp, or girl friend of a pusher or pimp graduating to whore!!! None of which, BTW, requires much education!!!

In my view, Columbia U should attempt to terminate the Associate Professorship of John McWhorter in order to avoid damage to its own reputation – for the “crime” of trashing Jonathan Kozol!!!

**********End of Second Criticism**********

Prof. McWhorter’s criticisms of Jonathan Kozol are contained in a New Republic article, a copy of which is the third attachment to this e-mail.

In his rant about Jonathan Kozol, McWhorter concludes “black history could have done without him becoming famous.”

HOWEVER, McWhorter’s rant contains the confession that he had only read one of Jonathan Kozol’s books – “Savage Inequalities: Children in America’s Schools” (1991).

FIRST, McWhorter should have read more of Jonathan Kozol’s books (a sampling of 10 of which are listed above) before launching his criticism of Jonathan Kozol!!!

SECOND, based on McWhorter’s assessment of the only book he did read, he should undergo tests for reading comprehension and retention!!!

And shame, once again, on the NY Times for providing a platform for someone who obviously opposes providing a decent education for America’s Permanent 30% Under-Caste!!!

Your friend,

John K.

solutions
Site Admin

Crimes Against Humanity Per The International Criminal Court

Post by solutions »

Subject: Your Claim of NY Times “Criminality”
Date: Thu, June 3, 2021 6:37 pm PST
To: ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com
Attachment:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear John,

The last section of your e-mail of earlier this afternoon entitled “AND NOT THE LAST TIME THE NY TIMES HAS DONE ITS BEST TO PREVENT EDUCATING AMERICA’S PERMANENT 30% UNDER-CASTE” begins with –

“Yes, I would consider the behavior of the seven NY Times OpEd writers during the 2010-2011 litigation AS CRIMINAL.

“And yes, I would also consider the 2020 behavior of NY Times Editorial Page Editor Kathleen Kingsbury in apparently shunning our request for support in providing a decent education for America’s Permanent 30% Under-Caste AS CRIMINAL.”

Isn’t the term “criminal” a bit strong?

Your friend,

Solutions

Subject: Crimes Against Humanity Per The International Criminal Court
Date: Fri, June 4, 2021 9:03 am MST
To: Solutions

Dear Solutions,

The short answer to your question is NO, THE TERM “CRIMINAL” IS NOT AT ALL TOO STRONG!!!

The Rome Statute establishing The International Criminal Court at the Hague defines “Crimes Against Humanity” as including –

“inhumane acts…..intentionally causing great suffering…..”

The classic case of “Crimes Against Humanity” was the World War II Holocaust in which 6 million Jews were killed.

No disrespect was intended by entitling Sections 4 and 5 of this website as “Inner-City Holocaust and America’s Apartheid ‘Justice’ System (In Honor of Jonathan Kozol and In Memory of John Howard Griffin).”

After all, the “Inner-City Holocaust” documented in Sections 4 and 5 involved 10 million inner-city children vs. 6 million Jews in the real Holocaust.

And Sections 4 and 5 documented that the 10 million inner-city children were condemned to “a fate worse than death.”

So absolutely not, the term “criminal” is NOT too strong in describing the failure of the each of the 7 NY Times OpEd Writers during the 2010-2011 litigation “to lift a single finger” when each of them had to know that any of them “lifting a single finger” might have been sufficient to enable the 10 million inner-city children to escape “a fate worse than death”!!!

And I do NOT believe that “criminal” is too strong in describing how NY Times Editorial Page Editor Kathleen Kingsbury has continued the NY Times tradition of hostility to providing a decent education for America’s 30% Permanent Under-Caste.

BTW, you may recall that on 9/12/2012 nearly 9 years ago, we launched a Six-Degrees-Of-Separation E-mail Campaign to President Obama imploring him to provide the U.N. Security Council (since the U.S. is one of the few countries that does not submit to the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court at the Hague) with authority to provide the ICC with jurisdiction to prosecute Bill and Melinda Gates for their “Crimes Against Humanity” because in the wake of the proven success of the “I Have A Dream”® model of transforming inner-city graduation - college matriculation rates from SINGLE DIGITS to more-than 90% --

“Bill and Melinda Gates and their foundation have led the nation away from The Promised Land to worship for 10 years the ‘false idol’ of breaking up inner-city schools into smaller units and, after admitting that failure, of leading the nation to worship the ‘false idol’ of school choice. Recent comprehensive studies by the Brookings Institution and by Stanford University show that charter schools are no better than public schools even though the charter schools typically accept only children of functional parents and then expel anyone who isn't performing. ‘School Choice’ is treating a SOCIOLOGY problem as an EDUCATION problem and makes no more sense than closing a police precinct in whose jurisdiction a crime is committed and hiring amateurs in their place.”

[The procedure of a non-signatory country to the Rome Statute giving the U.N. Security Council power to provide the International Criminal Court with jurisdiction over its citizens was the method used to prosecute Serbian military leaders at the ICC following the Bosnian War.]

The entire 9/12/2012 e-mail campaign to bring Bill and Melinda Gates before the ICC is available at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=979&sid=d29b20223c ... ecd270676a.

And before you ask, I do not favor petitioning President Biden to provide the U.N. Security Council with the power to bring the seven NY Times OpEd writers, the NY Times and its Editorial Page Editor before the International Criminal Court for their “Crimes Against Humanity” because they are capable of changing their behavior if they are sufficiently embarrassed.

[In the case of Bill and Melinda Gates, the damage was done and there was nothing they could do to make amends.]

Hopefully, the NY Times and its personnel can begin to repair the damage they have done.

Your friend,

John K.

Return to “Discussion Outline – “Predict & Surveil: Data, Discretion & the Future of Policing” by Prof. Sarah Brayne – June 9”