E-mail Campaign – Anthony Fauci & Gain-Of-Function Research

johnkarls

E-mail Campaign – Anthony Fauci & Gain-Of-Function Research

Post by johnkarls »

I propose an e-mail campaign re Anthony Fauci and Gain-Of-Function Research --

Our focus book provides a dazzling history of medical research related to the immune system.

[Indeed, I had forgotten that the “I” in HIV and AIDS stands for “immunodeficiency.” And as someone who is overweight which I have known long since is associated with diabetes, I was surprised to learn that diabetes is the immune system warring with the pancreas.]

Q&A-19 thru Q&A-29 of this month’s “Short Quiz” broaden the picture by reporting that the nation’s foremost experts in the MIT-led circa-2005 “Nano Conferences” of experts in different fields (medical research, astro-physics, computers, etc.) who deal with “nano’s” (billionth’s) to achieve insights from each other – believed that it would take no more than 40 years from circa-2005 to NOT ONLY find solutions for all human medical maladies INCLUDING AGING, but even to reverse aging to whatever stage an individual prefers (even becoming a teenager all over again).

So why do we permit Anthony Fauci to waste valuable research money on gain-of-function research???

Per the Washington Post’s long-time (since 2011) official “Fact Checker” Glenn Kessler on 10/29/2021 (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -research/) –

“At a Senate hearing in May, Dr. Fauci said, ‘The NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.’ That was under oath, under testimony. On October 20th, the NIH principal deputy director in writing directly contradicted it.”

Background

The US Government has two agencies that fund virtually all governmentally-funded research.

The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent agency of the United States government that supports fundamental research and education in all the non-medical fields of science and engineering. Its medical counterpart is the National Institutes of Health. The NSF funds approximately 25% of all federally supported basic research conducted by the United States' colleges and universities.

NSF’s budget per its website was $8.3 billion for the fiscal year just ended.

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is the primary agency of the United States government responsible for biomedical and public health research. Founded in the 1880’s, it is part of the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services.

NIH’s budget per its website was $41.7 billion for the fiscal year just ended.

Argument

Regardless of how much the USG spends on medical research, there should be no excuse for wasting any of it on gain-of-function research which the Obama Administration banned in 2014 over Fauci’s objections.

[Yes, Fauci was later able to get the ban lifted but that does not excuse his wasting money on such research AND IT CERTAINLY DOES NOT EXCUSE HIS CRIMINALLY LYING TO CONGRESS WHICH IS PUNISHABLE BY SEVEN YEARS IN PRISON!!! After all, doesn’t lying to Congress betray a guilty conscience???]

Return to “Discussion Outline – An Elegant Defense: The Extraordinary New Science Of The Immune System – Nov 10”