Suggested Discussion Outline

johnkarls

Suggested Discussion Outline

Post by johnkarls »

The following outline is respectfully suggested –

A. Comments About Specific Chapters of “Bibi: My Story” – 60 minutes

Our tradition is to devote the first portion of each monthly meeting to going through the focus book, chapter by chapter, to invite important comments that are specific to a particular chapter. After all, each participant (except, perhaps, “first timers”) have taken the time to read the focus book and her/his opportunity to opine on anything in the focus book should NOT be denied.

Part I – Chapters 1-24

Part II – Chapters 25-39

Part III – Chapters 40-65

Please plan to limit your comments to important matters because IMHO Section B has extreme importance and should not be given short shrift.

Indeed, I will probably invoke “Privilege of the Chair” to move to Section B promptly after 60 minutes and return to Section A only if there is any time remaining at the end of our meeting.

B. The Iran Nuclear Deal (aka JCPOA) and The Abraham Accords and Realpolitik – 60 minutes

A thoroughgoing review --

1. Of each of these two topics, and

2. Whether our organization should take action vis-à-vis either.

Re the Iran Nuclear Deal (aka JCPOA) –

IMHO nothing further need be done in the wake of our 1/21/2020 letter to President Biden supporting his re-entering the JCPOA (on which he campaigned) PROVIDED its three well-known deficiencies are corrected, viz., by --

A. Providing for “anytime anywhere” inspections; and

B. Prohibiting the development of nuclear-capable missiles; and

C. Prohibiting Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons (vs. guaranteeing Iran nuclear weapons by 2030).

[Our 1/21/2020 letter to President Biden is available for download as an Adobe.pdf file on our website under “Reforming the JCPOA to Prevent a Nuclear Holocaust” at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2021&sid=b588b0047 ... 32ed76f125.]

MOREOVER, we still have a “Working Group” on this issue to which we can make suggestions – please see Section 8 of our website entitled “Working Groups Currently Underway” at viewforum.php?f=619&sid=b588b0047792754 ... 32ed76f125 and, in particular, its items 5 thru 8 which were generated by this "Working Group" --

(5) 1/1/2020: Reforming The JCPOA To Prevent A Nuclear Holocaust

(6) The Iran Nuclear Deal and Wendy Sherman

(7) Pres. Biden’s Global Warming Solution – The Iran Nuclear Deal

(8) Long May He Live BUT MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON PRES. BIDEN’S SOUL

Re the Abraham Accords and Realpolitik, IMHO action is desperately needed!!!

Issues –

A. Does everyone agree action is needed???

B. To whom should our efforts be directed (e.g., President Biden to support Abraham Accords with more countries, especially Saudi Arabia – Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia – others???)???

C. Should we adopt a “Six-Degrees-of-Separation E-mail Campaign???

D. Or should we create one of our “Working Groups” to which all of our 223 members are then invited to join AND WHICH CAN APPLY CONTINUING PRESSURE AS NEEDED???

[My preference would be a “Working Group” not only because continuing pressure will undoubtedly be necessary BUT ALSO SO THAT POSSIBLE APPLICATION OF THE LOGAN ACT OF 1/30/1799 CAN BE REVIEWED VIS-À-VIS ENTREATIES TO FOREIGN LEADERS (off-hand, I would guess it is not applicable because the Biden Administration has NOT announced a policy of opposing additional Abraham Accords).]

Return to “Discussion Outline – “Bibi: My Story” by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu – Jan 18”