Meeting Cancellation Info

johnkarls

Meeting Cancellation Info

Post by johnkarls »

-----------------------------------------------------
To: ReadingLiberallyEmailList@johnkarls.com
Bcc: The “To” Addressees Listed Below
Subject: Invitation to UNOFFICIAL August 9th Meeting – American Amnesia: How The War On American Government Led Us To Forget What Made America Prosper
Date: Sat, July 22, 2017 – 3:21 am MDT
Attachments:

To:

The 5 RSVP’s for August 9th =

Norm Guice
Ted Gurney
Tucker Gurney
George Kunath
Yours Truly

Dear Friends,

As you probably saw in the Reading Liberally weekly e-mail sent earlier this morning to its approximately 150 recipients, the Aug 9 meeting is cancelled because we fell one short of our minimum quorum of six.

On the small handful of occasions when this has happened during our 11.5-year history, those who have RSVP’d are invited to an UNOFFICIAL meeting to discuss the proposed topic.

To refresh your memories, UNOFFICIAL means --

(1) There will be no further promotion of the cancelled meeting (e.g., with Short Quizzes, Suggested Discussion Outlines, or any other mention in the weekly e-mails).

(2) The unofficial meeting can NOT take any official action (such as the proposal of a Six-Degrees-Of-Separation E-mail Campaign or voting on future meeting topics).

(3) Additional participants are welcome to attend, but since recipients of our weekly e-mail who might have opposed any E-mail Campaign that might have resulted from an official meeting are now entitled to make other plans, achieving six or more participants will NOT convert the status of the meeting to official.

(4) HOWEVER, since I am willing to participate even if there is only one other person who would like to do so, I will provide the normal coffee and cookies.

Please let me know by 11:59 pm next Friday evening whether you would like to participate in an unofficial discussion on Aug 9.

[If there is nobody who would like to do so, I will cancel our room reservation at the Salt Lake City Library.]

Thank you for your support of our organization!!!

Your friend,

John K.

To: ReadingLiberallyEmailList@johnkarls.com
Bcc: The “To” and “Cc” Addressees Listed Below
Subject: Last Call To Achieve Quorum For August 9th Meeting – American Amnesia: How The War On American Government Led Us To Forget What Made America Prosper
Date: Wed, July 19, 2017 – 3:29 am MDT
Attachments:

To:

The 9 RSVP’s For Our February-July Meetings
Who Have Not Yet RSVP’d Positively for August 9th =

Martin Gelman
Jay Hansen
Marcia Hansen
Bill Lee
Michael Leith
Attila Relenyi
Janice Shawl
June Taylor (has RSVP’d negatively)
Michelle Wolfe

Cc:

The 5 RSVP’s for August 9th =

Norm Guice
Ted Gurney
Tucker Gurney
George Kunath
Yours Truly

Dear Friends,

Re: Quorum for “American Amnesia: How The War On American Government Led Us To Forget What Made America Prosper by Jacob Hacker and Paul Pierson -- Last Call For August 9th Meeting

This is the standard Heads Up that is sent for any month if we have reached the point of only 3 days to go until cancellation of a monthly meeting because fewer than 6 positive RSVP’s have been received.

So far, we are 1 short of the minimum quorum of 6 RSVP’s for Wed August 9.

Accordingly, the August 9 meeting is due to be cancelled as of 11:59 pm this Friday.

If any of you has a change of heart before Friday evening, please be sure to let me know.

Your friend,

John K.

Return to “Meeting Cancellation - American Amnesia: How The War On American Government Led Us To Forget What Made America Prosper – For Aug 9”