EMERGENCY - Political Censorship by Major E-mail Providers

HOW TO USE THIS BULLETIN BOARD

As an initial matter, there is a primitive search capability (single key word only) in the upper righthand corner.

The first 7 sections of this Bulletin Board are numbered –

Section 1 – General Info & Info Regarding Next Meeting
Section 2 – “General Info” Addendum
Section 3 – Possible Topics for Future Meetings
Section 4 – Legal Briefs, Etc. – Inner-City Holocaust and America’s Apartheid “Justice” System (In Honor of Jonathan Kozol and in Memory of John Howard Griffin)
Section 5 – Addendum – Inner-City Holocaust and America’s Apartheid “Justice” System
Section 6 – National Audubon Society Executes Great Salt Lake Death Warrant
Section 7 – Addendum – National Audubon Society Executes Great Salt Lake Death Warrant

After Section 7, the sections are no longer numbered.

They comprise clusters of sections relating to each meeting, most recent meeting first all the way back to 8/2/2007 when our Bulletin Board was inaugurated (our organization itself began in the Fall of 2005).

[Each cluster typically comprises sections labelled Discussion Outline, Original Proposal, Participant Comments, and Reference Materials.]

BTW, CLICKING ON SECTION 1 ACCESSES ALL OF OUR 40-PLUS E-MAIL CAMPAIGNS OVER THE YEARS TO OUR NATION’S DECISION MAKERS – PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TITLES OF THE E-MAIL CAMPAIGNS BEGIN WITH THE DATE OF THE MEETING AT WHICH THE CAMPAIGN WAS ADOPTED – ACCORDINGLY, A WEALTH OF ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT EACH CAMPAIGN CAN BE ACCESSED BY SCROLLING DOWN TO THE CLUSTER OF SECTIONS PERTAINING TO THAT MEETING.

IN THIS REGARD, Section 1 contains 6 items since 9/20/2017 marked “REPRISE” relating to Global Warming and Thorium. Their background materials are collected in the third of 12 postings in Section 6 since they were produced by a Working Group during the sabbatical for writing a book on the Great Salt Lake Death Warrant.

Sections 4 and 5 contain the background documents for a book written during a Sabbatical that our organization took from 4/19/2014 to 2/11/2015 for John Karls to write about Inner-City Holocaust.

[There were 2 so-called Ad Hoc meetings during the Sabbatical that were not supported by Short Quizzes, Suggested Discussion Outlines, etc. Materials relating to those meetings appear in sequence in the unnumbered sections.]

Sections 6 and 7 contain background materials for a book written during a Sabbatical that our organization took from 6/14/2018 to 7/31/2019 for John Karls to write a book about the Great Salt Lake Death Warrant.

[Section 6 also contains materials about 3 so-called Ad Hoc meetings that occurred during the sabbatical AND ABOUT POLITICAL CENSORSHIP BY MAJOR E-MAIL PROVIDERS THAT PREVENTED 2 ADDITIONAL AD HOC MEETINGS AND CONTINUES TO PLAGUE OUR ORGANIZATION.]

UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO COPE SUCCESSFULLY WITH THE REFUSAL OF MAJOR E-MAIL PROVIDERS TO DELIVER OUT WEEKLY E-MAILS TO OUR APPROXIMATELY 150 MEMBERS, THE MINIMUM QUORUM FOR MEETINGS IS SUSPENDED.

[In other words, George Kunath and I (John Karls) will discuss each focus book at the scheduled time whether or not anyone else has even learned about the meeting. George is one of my former NYC partners with whom I have had a weekly multi-hour gabfest for 31.5 years; George was our worldwide coordinating tax partner on Mobil Oil and on a major private equity firm. George has participated in our meetings for nearly a decade by Skype.]

[Though please RSVP to ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.org if you plan to participate since the RSVP’s can, by unanimous vote, change the venue to suit their convenience.]

HOWEVER, IN ORDER TO PRESERVE THE INTEGRITY OF OUR E-MAIL CAMPAIGNS TO THE NATION’S DECISION MAKERS, THE MINIMUM QUORUM OF 6 WILL STILL APPLY TO INITIATE SUCH CAMPAIGNS.

CLICKING ON THIS SECTION ACCESSES MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE REFUSAL OF MAJOR E-MAIL PROVIDERS TO DELIVER OUR WEEKLY E-MAILS.
johnkarls

Post by johnkarls »

Originally Posted in Section 2 (Possible Topics for Future Meetings) by johnkarls » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:56 am

I propose that we focus on “Political Censorship by Major E-mail Providers” in general, and the experience of our own organization in particular.

During our recent sabbatical from regular order during which Ad Hoc Meetings (i.e., sans the normal support of Short Quizzes and Suggested Discussion Outlines) and Working Groups (of which we had two) could still function, we discovered that beginning on or about 9/1/2018, more than a half dozen of the nation’s major e-mail providers were stealthily refusing to deliver our e-mails.

INCLUDING E-MAILS SENT TO SEVERAL OF MY OWN PERSONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL E-MAIL ADDRESSES!!!

AND INCLUDING TO VIRTUALLY ALL OF OUR REGULAR 150 E-MAIL RECIPIENTS!!!

NB: THE US POSTAL SERVICE IS NOT PERMITTED TO STEAM OPEN US MAIL IN ORDER TO DECIDE WHICH ITEMS IT CHOOSES TO DELIVER IAW ITS POLITICAL PREFERENCES/PREJUDICES!!!

SO WHY SHOULD THE MAJOR E-MAIL PROVIDERS, WHICH HAVE VIRTUALLY DISPLACED THE US POSTAL SERVICE, BE PERMITTED TO DO SO???

There follow the Calls for an EMERGENCY meeting on this subject that were sent to our members and posted on our bulletin board in Section 6.

The response???

Surprise, surprise -

Even though we had had 3 Ad Hoc Meetings during the first 4 months of the Sabbatical, we never mustered a quorum for any Ad Hoc Meetings during the last 8 months, including the EMERGENCY MEETING!!!

BTW, I am simultaneously re-proposing a second Ad Hoc Meeting Proposal made 2.5 months after this Emergency proposal.

It is entitled “The BBC’s Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister & The Deep State.”

The reason for mentioning that re-proposal here is that its second so-called “response” contains additional information about the censorship of Major E-mail Providers against our organization during the intervening 2.5 months.

The result???

Surprise, surprise –

Even though there had been a considerable number of inquiries about what I had been reading and might be willing to discuss at an Ad Hoc Meeting that prompted “The BBC’s Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister & Deep State” proposal, we failed to muster a quorum!!!

Originally posted by johnkarls » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:12 pm
-----------------------------------------------------
From: ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com (second copy from john.karls@yahoo.com for reasons explained in the e-mail text)
To: ReadingLiberallyEmailList@johnkarls.com
Bcc: The Approximately 150 Recipients of Our Weekly E-mail
Subject: READING LIBERALLY EMERGENCY MEETING – Political Censorship by Major E-mail Providers – Wed Nov 7 or 14 – Proposed “Six-Degrees-Of-Separation” E-mail Campaign
Date: Mon, October 28, 2018 4:22 am MDT
Attachments:

Dear Friends,

[This e-mail is being sent to each of you from two different e-mail addresses for reasons that are explained below.]

As you may recall, we are in the middle of another sabbatical so that I can write a second book, this one on the topic of “The National Audubon Society Executes Great Salt Lake Death Warrant.”

And that when this sabbatical began last July, we explained that just like the first sabbatical 4 years ago, everyone is invited to make Ad Hoc Meeting proposals (1) NONE of which will be promoted by short quizzes, suggested discussion outlines, etc., (2) but EACH of which that achieves our minimum quorum of six, will be authorized to initiate one of our “Six Degrees of Separation E-mail Campaigns” to our nation’s decision makers.

“ALL-HANDS-ON-DECK” EMERGENCY – POLITICAL CENSORSHIP BY MAJOR E-MAIL PROVIDERS

We have become aware that on or about September 1, 2018, major e-mail providers (INCLUDING G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMHOST) suddenly began routing e-mail they deemed to be conservative into their subscribers’ SPAM folders, while continuing to route e-mail they deemed to be liberal into their subscribers' REGULAR in-baskets.

This was done WITHOUT the permission AND WITHOUT the knowledge of the e-mail subscribers.

THIS WAS EVEN DONE to e-mail subscribers who had NEVER requested any type of e-mails to be sent to their SPAM folders so that they were not even aware that some of their e-mails were suddenly being banished to a SPAM folder from which they were being deleted after a brief interval.

COMPARISON WITH U.S. POSTAL LAW/REGULATIONS

Absent a court order, it is A MAJOR-LEAGUE CRIME for your letters to be steamed open by the U.S. Government and read in order to determine whether the U.S. Government thinks your letters are liberal or conservative in order to decide whether to deliver them.

WHY THIS IS A NON-PARTISAN PUBLIC-POLICY ISSUE

We have always prided ourselves in being a NON-PARTISAN PUBLIC-POLICY STUDY GROUP that takes effective action.

Censorship leads to the DEATH OF DEMOCRACY!!!

Accordingly, it is respectfully suggested that, just like the U.S. Postal Service cannot censor letters, e-mail providers such as G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMOST should NOT be permitted legally to censor e-mail by sending e-mail of which they disapprove politically, to their subscribers’ SPAM folders WITHOUT PERMISSION -- which permission, if solicited by the e-mail providers in terms of criteria for their SPAM determinations, should explicitly state whether the criteria could catch political speech in their dragnet!!!

HOW WE BECAME AWARE OF THE CENSORSHIP BY MAJOR E-MAIL PROVIDERS

As many of you may recall, FOUR of our meetings over the past 17.5 months have focused on “Authoritarian Rule By Our Intelligence Services” starting with our 5/10/2017 meeting for which our focus book was George Orwell’s “1984” featuring “Big Brother.”

Just like censorship leads to the DEATH OF DEMOCRACY, the weaponization of our Intelligence Services can also lead to the DEATH OF DEMOCRACY.

Accordingly, we have treated the weaponization of our Intelligence Services as a non-partisan public-policy issue.

However, it would appear that the major e-mail providers such as G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMHOST have interpreted our focus on the weaponization of our Intelligence Services as a partisan anti-liberal exercise since the weaponization was done 2016-2017 by Democrats.

[But query who will prevent Republicans from doing it in the future???]

So since beginning on or about September 1, our e-mails sent from ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com have been put into the SPAM folders of our approximately 150 members (at least so far as can be ascertained at this time) by G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMHOST, it is respectfully suggested that effective action be undertaken to outlaw such behavior.

YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTIONS ARE REQUESTED
(AND THE REASON FOR SENDING THIS E-MAIL TO YOU FROM TWO DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESSES)

Since we have reason to believe that the copy of this e-mail being sent to you from ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com will go into your SPAM folder, a second copy is being sent to you from my emergency e-mail address john.karls@yahoo.com.

First requested action –

If you receive both e-mails in your regular in-box, please hit your Reply Button for the ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com copy (no return message will be necessary).

Second requested action –

If only the john.karls@yahoo.com copy appears in your regular in-box, please hit your Reply Button for it, but indicate whether the other copy went to your SPAM folder or disappeared into cyber-space.

Third requested action –

If you are able to attend an EMERGENCY MEETING on either Wed evening Nov 7 and/or Wed evening Nov 14, please examine your SPAM folder to see whether it contains our 10/6/2018 e-mail (with the subject of “Authoritarian Rule By Our Intelligence Services – Part IV") and to see whether your SPAM folder contains other conservative-sounding e-mails (and, if so, to pinpoint insofar as possible when such e-mails began appearing in your SPAM folder).

RSVP’S REQUESTED FOR WED NOV 7 OR WED NOV 14

Please RSVP by tomorrow evening if you can attend our emergency meeting on either Wed evening Nov 7 and/or Wed evening Nov 14 at the Salt Lake Public Library (210 East 400 South) --

indicating, of course, which date(s) you are available.

[As usual, anyone who cannot attend in person is invited to participate by Skype.]

I will e-mail RSVP’s on this coming Wednesday morning which date is convenient for the greatest number of RSVP’s.

THANK YOU!!!

And I hope to see each of you on either Nov 7 or Nov 14.

And please rest assured that whatever information you are able to provide IAW the “Your Immediate Action Requested” section above, will be compiled for incorporation into any “Six-Degrees-Of-Separation” E-mail Campaign that we undertake.

Your friend,
John K.

PS -- To unsubscribe, please press “reply” and type “deletion requested.”

johnkarls

Update Re: READING LIBERALLY EMERGENCY MEETING

Post by johnkarls »

Originally Posted in Section 2 (Possible Topics for Future Meetings) by johnkarls » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:57 am
Update Re: READING LIBERALLY EMERGENCY MEETING
Originally posted in Section 6 by johnkarls » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:04 am
Subject: Update Re: READING LIBERALLY EMERGENCY MEETING – Political Censorship by Major E-mail Providers – Wed Nov 14 – Proposed “Six-Degrees-Of-Separation” E-mail Campaign
Date: Thu, November 8, 2018 1:47 am MST
Attachments:

Dear Friends,

Our original 10/28/2018 e-mail (a copy of which follows below for your convenience) explained its raison d’être -- that we had become aware that on or about September 1, 2018, major e-mail providers (INCLUDING G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMHOST) suddenly began routing e-mail they deemed to be conservative into their subscribers’ SPAM folders from which the e-mails would soon disappear into cyber-space, while continuing to route e-mail they deemed to be liberal into their subscribers’ REGULAR in-baskets.

It further noted that absent a court order, it is A MAJOR-LEAGUE CRIME for your U.S. Postal Service letters to be steamed open by the U.S. Government and read in order to determine whether the U.S. Government thinks your letters are liberal or conservative in order to decide whether to deliver them.

Accordingly, it noted that such censorship can easily lead to the DEATH OF DEMOCRACY and posited that since e-mail providers are now functioning as an unofficial U.S. Postal Service, our organization should mount one of our “Six-Degrees-Of-Separation E-mail” Campaigns -- this one aimed at extending to e-mail providers the same rules and regulations that apply to U.S. Postal Service letters.

UPDATE RE OUR ORIGINAL 10/28/2018 E-MAIL

There were 13 responses to our 10/28/2018 e-mail, all saying that they had received copies of the e-mail from both ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com and john.karls@yahoo.com.

By way of background, there are currently 154 individuals who receive our e-mails via 128 e-mail addresses, 26 of which are shared by two of our organization’s participants.

So subtracting from the 128 e-mail addresses 11 responses that were received immediately and the 4 that had originally demonstrated the problems with G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMOST, there were 113 e-mail addresses for which we HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING whether they had NOT received our 10/28/2018 e-mails or whether they had merely failed to respond.

Accordingly, on 11/3/2018, an e-mail was sent to each of these 113 e-mail addresses FROM MY SECONDARY EMERGENCY E-MAIL ADDRESS johnspencerkarls@gmail.com with the subject “READING LIBERALLY EMERGENCY -- SECOND REQUEST.”

Its text comprised the original 10/28/2018 e-mail preceded by the following message --

“Re: Political Censorship by Major E-mail Providers such as G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMHOST

“Dear Friends,

“Nothing has been heard from you in response to the following e-mail.

“So that our information is as complete and accurate as possible, could you please –

(1) Hit your Reply Button if you receive this e-mail; AND
(2) Simply type as the return text whether you did receive our original October 28 e-mail from ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com.

“Thank you.

“Your friend,
“John K.”

THE INEXCUSABLE RESULTS FROM THE “SECOND REQUEST”

My johnspencerkarls@gmail.com e-mail account reported that 98 of the 113 Bcc addressees had rejected the 11/3/2018 “SECOND REQUEST” e-mail INCLUDING MY OWN john@johnkarls.com!!!

[I always include my primary personal e-mail address at the end of each batch of Bcc addresses.]

In addition my johnspencerkarls@gmail.com e-mail account reported that MY OWN ReadingLiberallyEmailList@johnkarls.com (the “To” Addressee) had also rejected the 11/3/2018 “SECOND REQUEST” e-mail!!!

EVEN MORE EGREGIOUSLY/MYSTERIOUSLY, the 11/3/2018 e-mail had been sent 7 minutes earlier AS A TEST solely to john@johnkarls.com with no copies, and it had sailed through with no problem!!!

MY INVESTIGATION WITH G-MAIL AND DREAMHOST (the webhost for http://www.johnkarls.com)

As already described in our original 10/28/2018 e-mail to everyone, DREAMHOST was one of the e-mail host providers that had suddenly, on or about 9/1/2018, begun sending to my SPAM folder e-mails that appeared to be conservative while continuing to let liberally-appearing e-mails sail through to my In-Basket -- EVEN THOUGH I HAD NEVER AUTHORIZED ANYTHING TO BE SENT TO MY SPAM FOLDER AND EVEN THOUGH NOTHING HAD EVER BEEN RELEGATED TO MY SPAM FOLDER PRIOR TO APPROXIMATELY 9/1/2018.

So I filed a formal inquiry with Dreamhost -- (1) why they had suddenly begun sending e-mail to my SPAM folder without authorization, (2) what their criteria were for sending e-mail to my SPAM folder, (3) why those criteria were satisfied by the Bcc copy of the 11/3/2018 e-mail BUT NOT satisfied by the TEST COPY of the same e-mail that was sent 7 minutes earlier directly to my e-mail address with no copies, and (4) what there was about the 11/3/2018 Bcc copy that caused Dreamhost to reject the Bcc copy 7 minutes later.

Dreamhost refused to answer Questions 1 and 2, and denied any knowledge of any rejections.

Dreamhost said further that any explanation for the rejections would have to come from G-MAIL which, if there had really been a rejection, would have received Dreamhost’s explanation which Dreamhost no longer had (if, indeed, there had been any rejections)!!!

Meanwhile, G-MAIL would only provide half-a-dozen generic reasons why e-mails are commonly rejected (such as “no such e-mail address”) BUT WOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY REASON WHY DREAMHOST HAD ALLEGEDLY REJECTED THE BCC E-MAIL!!!

NEW REQUEST FOR EACH OF YOU

Each of you is requested to see whether you received our 11/3/2018 e-mail that had the subject of ““READING LIBERALLY EMERGENCY -- SECOND REQUEST.”

[This should be all of us except the 11 who responded immediately to our original 10/28/2018 e-mail -- FYI, the 2 who responded after 11/3/2018 were sent the 11/3/2018 “SECOND REQUEST” e-mail and G-MAIL reported that both rejected the 11/3/2018 e-mail.]

(1) If you received the 11/3/2018 e-mail, please hit your Reply Button (no reply message is necessary).

(2) If you did NOT receive the 11/3/2018 e-mail (and did NOT respond to our original 10/28/2018 e-mail), then please contact your e-mail provider to see whether you can pry out of them why your Bcc copy of the 11/3/2018 e-mail was allegedly rejected by your e-mail provider.

And report back whatever you discover.

PLEASE RSVP FOR OUR WED NOV 14 MEETING IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY

We do not yet have our minimum quorum of 6 for adopting an official “Six-Degrees-Of-Separation” E-mail Campaign.

Please RSVP by this coming Sunday evening so that a decision can be made whether to proceed with the meeting Wed Nov 14 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm at the Salt Lake Public Library (210 East 400 South).

All RSVP’s will be notified Monday morning whether the meeting is on.

Thank you all for your efforts with regard to this imbroglio.

We hope to see all of you this coming Wednesday evening.

Your friend,
John K.

From: ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com (second copy from john.karls@yahoo.com for reasons explained in the e-mail text)
Subject: READING LIBERALLY EMERGENCY MEETING – Political Censorship by Major E-mail Providers – Wed Nov 7 or 14 – Proposed “Six-Degrees-Of-Separation” E-mail Campaign
Date: Mon, October 28, 2018 4:22 am MDT
Attachments:

Dear Friends,

[This e-mail is being sent to each of you from two different e-mail addresses for reasons that are explained below.]

As you may recall, we are in the middle of another sabbatical so that I can write a second book, this one on the topic of “The National Audubon Society Executes Great Salt Lake Death Warrant.”

And that when this sabbatical began last July, we explained that just like the first sabbatical 4 years ago, everyone is invited to make Ad Hoc Meeting proposals (1) NONE of which will be promoted by short quizzes, suggested discussion outlines, etc., (2) but EACH of which that achieves our minimum quorum of six, will be authorized to initiate one of our “Six Degrees of Separation E-mail Campaigns” to our nation’s decision makers.

“ALL-HANDS-ON-DECK” EMERGENCY – POLITICAL CENSORSHIP BY MAJOR E-MAIL PROVIDERS

We have become aware that on or about September 1, 2018, major e-mail providers (INCLUDING G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMHOST) suddenly began routing e-mail they deemed to be conservative into their subscribers’ SPAM folders, while continuing to route e-mail they deemed to be liberal into their subscribers REGULAR in-baskets.

This was done WITHOUT the permission AND WITHOUT the knowledge of the e-mail subscribers.

THIS WAS EVEN DONE to e-mail subscribers who had NEVER requested any type of e-mails to be sent to their SPAM folders so that they were not even aware that some of their e-mails were suddenly being banished to a SPAM folder from which they were being deleted after a brief interval.

COMPARISON WITH U.S. POSTAL LAW/REGULATIONS

Absent a court order, it is A MAJOR-LEAGUE CRIME for your letters to be steamed open by the U.S. Government and read in order to determine whether the U.S. Government thinks your letters are liberal or conservative in order to decide whether to deliver them.

WHY THIS IS A NON-PARTISAN PUBLIC-POLICY ISSUE

We have always prided ourselves in being a NON-PARTISAN PUBLIC-POLICY STUDY GROUP that takes effective action.

Censorship leads to the DEATH OF DEMOCRACY!!!

Accordingly, it is respectfully suggested that, just like the U.S. Postal Service cannot censor letters, e-mail providers such as G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMOST should NOT be permitted legally to censor e-mail by sending e-mail of which they disapprove politically, to their subscribers’ SPAM folders WITHOUT PERMISSION -- which permission, if solicited by the e-mail providers in terms of criteria for their SPAM determinations, should explicitly state whether the criteria could catch political speech in their dragnet!!!

HOW WE BECAME AWARE OF THE CENSORSHIP BY MAJOR E-MAIL PROVIDERS

As many of you may recall, FOUR of our meetings over the past 17.5 months have focused on “Authoritarian Rule By Our Intelligence Services” starting with our 5/10/2017 meeting for which our focus book was George Orwell’s “1984” featuring “Big Brother.”

Just like censorship leads to the DEATH OF DEMOCRACY, the weaponization of our Intelligence Services can also lead to the DEATH OF DEMOCRACY.

Accordingly, we have treated the weaponization of our Intelligence Services as a non-partisan public-policy issue.

However, it would appear that the major e-mail providers such as G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMHOST have interpreted our focus on the weaponization of our Intelligence Services as a partisan anti-liberal exercise since the weaponization was done 2016-2017 by Democrats.

[But query who will prevent Republicans from doing it in the future???]

So since beginning on or about September 1, our e-mails sent from ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com have been put into the SPAM folders of our approximately 150 members (at least so far as can be ascertained at this time) by G-MAIL, YAHOO, COMCAST, VERIZON AND DREAMHOST, it is respectfully suggested that effective action be undertaken to outlaw such behavior.

YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTIONS ARE REQUESTED
(AND THE REASON FOR SENDING THIS E-MAIL TO YOU FROM TWO DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESSES)

Since we have reason to believe that the copy of this e-mail being sent to you from ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com will go into your SPAM folder, a second copy is being sent to you from my emergency e-mail address john.karls@yahoo.com.

First requested action –

If you receive both e-mails in your regular in-box, please hit your Reply Button for the ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com copy (no return message will be necessary).

Second requested action –

If only the john.karls@yahoo.com copy appears in your regular in-box, please hit your Reply Button for it, but indicate whether the other copy went to your SPAM folder or disappeared into cyber-space.

Third requested action –

If you are able to attend an EMERGENCY MEETING on either Wed evening Nov 7 and/or Wed evening Nov 14, please examine your SPAM folder to see whether it contains our 10/6/2018 e-mail (with the subject of “Authoritarian Rule By Our Intelligence Services – Part IV) and to see whether your SPAM folder contains other conservative-sounding e-mails (and, if so, to pinpoint insofar as possible when such e-mails began appearing in your SPAM folder).

RSVP’S REQUESTED FOR WED NOV 7 OR WED NOV 14

Please RSVP by tomorrow evening if you can attend our emergency meeting on either Wed evening Nov 7 and/or Wed evening Nov 14 at the Salt Lake Public Library (210 East 400 South) --

indicating, of course, which date(s) you are available.

[As usual, anyone who cannot attend in person is invited to participate by Skype.]

I will e-mail RSVP’s on this coming Wednesday morning which date is convenient for the greatest number of RSVP’s.

THANK YOU!!!

And I hope to see each of you on either Nov 7 or Nov 14.

And please rest assured that whatever information you are able to provide IAW the “Your Immediate Action Requested” section above, will be compiled for incorporation into any “Six-Degrees-Of-Separation” E-mail Campaign that we undertake.

Your friend,
John K.

PS -- To unsubscribe, please press “reply” and type “deletion requested.”

johnkarls

Meeting Cancellation

Post by johnkarls »

Originally Posted in Section 2 (Possible Topics for Future Meetings) by johnkarls » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:58 am
Meeting Cancellation
Originally posted in Section 6 by johnkarls » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:04 am
Bcc: The RSVP’s for Our Wed Nov 14 Meeting
Subject: Meeting Cancellation
Date: Mon, November 12, 2018 5:01 am MST
Attachments:

Dear Friends,

My 11/8/2018 e-mail entitled “Update Re: READING LIBERALLY EMERGENCY MEETING – Political Censorship by Major E-mail Providers – Wed Nov 14 – Proposed ‘Six-Degrees-Of-Separation’ E-mail Campaign” had mentioned, inter alia, that we were short of our minimum quorum of six for launching a “Six-Degrees-Of-Separation” E-mail Campaign to our nation’s decision makers requesting them to take effective action to counter the political censorship by major e-mail providers as a THREAT TO DEMOCRACY.

Quite a bit more information about the problem was obtained as a result of the 11/8/2018 e-mail.

However, as of last evening’s deadline for RSVP’s, we were still one short of our minimum quorum of six for approving a Six-Degrees-Of-Separation E-mail Campaign.

In my opinion, this is tragic.

But so be it.

The meeting is cancelled.

Your friend,

John K.

johnkarls

Administrative Post

Post by johnkarls »

This is an administrative post to put the four items in this section in the chronological order in which they arose.

Return to “Section 2 – “General Info” Addendum”